Monday 24 August 2015

7 Years Later

Obviously I have forgotten about this page for such a long time. It has been seven long years. Then, there was no Facebook, only Friendster. There was no Whatsapp, only MSN Messenger. And I've since had many trips and changed my passport probably twice.

After the Tokyo/Hokkaido trip in Spring 2008 (I know, I have not finished with the post. I'm not intending to finish it anytime soon) I've pretty much widened my horizons.

In 2009, I returned to Hong Kong, had a short trip to Batam, Indonesia and spent fall in Seoul, South Korea.

In 2010, by virtue of my military unit, I was in Kaoshiung, Taiwan for 3 weeks and ventured to Kyoto and Osaka of Japan during fall.

In 2011, summer was a trip to nearby Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. And 2 weeks of Fall was spent in Manchester, London and Paris.

In 2012, I again returned to Hong Kong. This time, I made it a point to visit nearby Macau. In late November, I returned to Tokyo, Japan.

In Spring 2013, I flew to Seoul, South Korea for a second visit amidst the tension in the Korean Peninsula. Then in fall, the compass pointed back to Europe. I was in Rome, Florence, Athens and Santorini for a good 2 weeks. I also had a very tiny taste of Dubai during this trip.

2014 saw me returning to Hong Kong - my fourth visit - for a seminar. Then in September, I went Down Under and spent a week in Melbourne. The year in travel was rounded up by a Winter Trip to try out skiing in Hokkaido, Japan.

This year's summer was a visit to Seoul and Jeju Island in South Korea. And...I have not traveled since.

Well, I'm planning for my most ambitious yet travel itinerary this fall. God Willing, I'm heading to Europe for the third time. This time, I'll be flying to Germany with side trips to other European countries like Holland, Austria, Czech Republic and Slovakia.

As I do my research (as always) on these countries and cities, many thoughts are running through my head and I thought it would be good if I shared them and perhaps, readers who've had been in my shoes can help me out a little. I also thought I should have a blog to journal and type away my thoughts and experiences along the journey. This is especially so since technology has advanced so much since I started out this blog in 2008.

I'm still using the old template (whose html codes were extracted, then modified - unlike how we are spoonfed with pretty templates these days) for old times sake, but everything else is different now. Internet connection overseas are more accessible than ever. Mobile phones are smarter and faster, making it easier to connect and also input words and pictures into a blog.

A final word - I hope I can keep up with the blogging, and get to share experiences and photos along the way with readers. Thank you.

No comments: