Monday 31 August 2015

Book Book Book

I still cannot let go of not planning for things for a trip. That is the main barrier for me having a limit to my trips. This time, I limited myself to just 3 weeks in Europe, instead of buying an open ticket and go back when I feel like going back.

Before today, I have only booked the return air ticket that will bring me out of and back into Singapore. Its none other than our national carrier - Singapore Airlines. I only needed to pay tax and stuff as I claimed my miles for this air ticket. In the end, I paid about $600.00 for a return ticket between Singapore and Frankfurt, Germany. The other ticket booked was for the one-way flight that'll connect me to Berlin from Frankfurt. I'll be flying Lufthansa.

Today, I booked 2 more flights. One with Air Berlin that will take me to Vienna from Berlin; and one with Czech Airlines that will take me from Prague to Frankfurt.

I also made bookings for the train trips in Vienna. The one that brings me to and from Hallstatt and the one that connects me from Vienna to Prague. The train ticket to Bratislava, I decided to just get it when I'm already in Vienna.

I also more or less settled on the accommodation for my stays in Hallstatt, the one night when I return to Vienna and the 2 nights in Prague. 2 hotels have not replied my e-mail yet - one for the 5 nights in Berlin and the other for the 3 nights in Vienna.

There are still some loose ends to tie. I've no idea yet where i'll stay in Amsterdam (therefore, more research) and I have not booked the train tickets to Amsterdam.

Another minor issue is that of whether a day trip to Brussels/Bruges should be planned. It feels too rushed and it will add on to my time planning, my money spent on train ride and also time travelling while in Amsterdam. We'll probably eventually decide to drop by or not on a whim.

So yup, that's about it for updates.

No comments: